- The King condemned a convicted murderer to drink coffee every day.
- The control was another murderer who was condemned to drink tea daily.
- The outcome measure is 'death'.
- Two physicians were appointed to determine the outcome.
- The two doctors died first
- The king was murdered
- Both convicts enjoyed long life until the tea drinker died at age 83. (no age was given for the coffee drinker)
J Int Med. Oct 1991:289 - introduction to editorial from Nordic School of Public Health, Goteborg Sweden
Reprinted in Annal of Internal Medicine 1992: 117:30